Auto Enrolment & Workplace Pension Provision - An Introduction for HR & Payroll Professionals
The introduction of the employer duty to auto-enrol employees into a qualifying workplace pension between 2012 and 2017 has required HR and payroll teams to become pension specialists in addition to the wide range of other compliance responsibilities in respect to employees.
Anyone newly joining either profession needs to ensure that they have a sound overview of the compliance and administrative obligations of workplace pension provision.
This new virtual classroom seminar will also explore workplace pensions in the context of the wider state pension arena, so you can understand and deal with the various issues raised by employees as they plan for retirement.
The session is aimed at HR and payroll professionals, practice managers who oversee payroll or compliance and payroll bureau professionals throughout the UK.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is a qualifying pension and workplace pension scheme types
- Tax relief and pensions
- Segmenting the workforce in terms of pension obligations: ‘assessment’
- Qualifying earnings, pensionable pay and the earnings’ trigger
- Using postponement
- How to auto-enrol and auto re-enrol
- Optional remuneration arrangements (salary sacrifice) and pensions
- Workplace pensions and statutory leave
- Handling opt-ins, opt-outs and cessations
- Communicating with employees about workplace pensions
- Record keeping
- Dealing with your pension provider
- Compliance and safeguards
- Ongoing duties
- The State Pension and its interaction with workplace pensions
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
9:00am - 12:00pm
9:00am - 12:00pm