Artificial Intelligence & Data Protection - An Introduction to the Key Challenges
The emergence of new technologies, no matter how beneficial, is always accompanied by potential challenges, not least of ethical and legal considerations.
Artificial intelligence is no exception.
The potential for AI to perpetuate unconscious bias is well documented: an exam-grading algorithm which favoured students from more privileged backgrounds is a recent example.
Debates are ongoing as to the extent to which existing laws apply and whether the laws themselves need to be modernised to match the pace of change.
Who gets the blame when the robot gets it wrong? As more and more personal data is being fed to data-hungry algorithms to make decisions or to serve up personalised advertisements, are people’s privacy rights being respected?
As AI enters the mainstream, these challenges need to be understood and addressed.
This new webinar will focus on the privacy concerns which accompany the use of AI and is aimed at organisations and businesses that are using (or planning to use AI) and their legal advisers.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- A summary of data protection and privacy
- The concepts of ‘accountability’, ‘transparency’ and the need for a ‘lawful basis’ - the challenges of complying with these concepts in the context of AI
- Do people really know what is being done with their data?
- Recent cases and enforcement actions
- Practical guidance on to comply with the privacy laws
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 8th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation