Articles of Association for Private Limited Companies
Articles of Association (the 'Articles') form the internal rule book for private limited companies and as such, anyone who deals with or works with companies should have an understanding of what governs these companies and how to use the Articles.
If you are a solicitor, director or company secretary new to advising companies, then this introductory level webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Fundamentals of company law:
- Historic origin of a company constitution (including the memorandum of association and how to approach a constitution that predates Companies Act 2006)
- Articles - the modern view
- How Companies Act 2006 and Articles operate together
- Contents of the model articles of association for a private company limited by shares
- How to amend the articles
- Limits on powers of amendment
- How to enforce the articles (and who can do this)
This webinar was recorded on 12th February 2018