Applications to the First-Tier Tribunal - Your Questions Answered
The First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) deals with many different types of leasehold disputes other than enfranchisement claims. In fact, virtually all disputes between landlords and tenants regarding long residential leases are now heard by the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (formerly the LVT).
Conveyancers and other property professionals including surveyors are increasingly becoming involved in, and/or need to know how to resolve disputes about service charges, administration fees, etc.
How easy is it to use the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)? How much does it cost? How quickly can I get a decision? These and many more questions will be answered in this live broadcast session presented by an expert in this area of practice.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Service Charge disputes
- Contractual entitlement
- Statutory restrictions on recovery of service charges
- Reasonableness of service charges
- Consultation requirements
- Qualifying works
- Qualifying long term agreements
- Dispensation from consultation
- Administration Charges - what is reasonable?
- Defective leases - power of the Tribunal to force a variation
- Proceedings in the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Burden and standard of proof
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.