Applications to the First-Tier Tribunal - Service Charges, Administration Charges, Lease Variations & Costs
The First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) deals with many different types of leasehold disputes other than enfranchisement claims. In fact, virtually all disputes between landlords and tenants regarding long residential leases are now heard by the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (formerly the LVT).
Conveyancers and other property professionals including surveyors are increasingly becoming involved in, and/or need to know how to resolve disputes about service charges, administration fees, etc.
How easy is it to use the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)? How much does it cost? How quickly can I get a decision? These and many more questions will be answered in this full day seminar presented by an expert in this area of practice.
From the basic who, where and what is the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) to the decision and possible appeal.
What You Will Learn
- Service Charge disputes
- Contractual entitlement
- Statutory restrictions on recovery of service charges
- Reasonableness of service charges
- Consultation requirements
- Qualifying works
- Qualifying long term agreements
- Dispensation from consultation
- Administration Charges - what is reasonable?
- Defective leases - power of the Tribunal to force a variation
- Proceedings in the First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Burden and standard of proof
Find out why MBL gets feedback for Justin such as "One of the best seminars I have attended, if not the best".
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme