Anti-Money Laundering Compliance for Estate Agents & Property Professionals
In the turmoil of recent cases concerning property frauds, this new course will deal with a robust analysis of the AML rules from the perspective of estate agents and other property professionals.
It will look at what the Treasury and Home Office risk assessments provide, what the various regulators have found and the details they expect to see from firms in the continuing battle against frauds, cybercrime, money launderers and terrorist financiers.
What You Will Learn
This course will look at the following topics:
- Wider issues - trusteeship, terrorism, cybercrime and business fraud
- Criminal Finances Act 2017
- Treasury and Home Office Risk Assessments
- MLTFR 2017 - new roles and overlap with ‘officer responsible’
- ‘Independent’ audit of processes
- CDD on whom? - the additional duties on estate agents
- Suggestions for firm-wide risk assessments
- When is enhanced due diligence relevant?
- Common issues for estate agents
- When should you be suspicious?
- Can you not rely on others to spot the crooks?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme