An Update on Payroll & HR Compliance - Live at Your Desk
You may outsource your payroll and therefore heave a sigh of relief that your bureau needs to attend this live broadcast session not you - sadly that's not the case. You can never outsource compliance and despite COVID-19 and the disruption to our organisations we still need to be compliant. Arguably, it’s even more important as employees are relying on payroll and HR teams more than ever, particularly if you’ve had to furlough employees and have had to pay and reclaim more SSP. This live broadcast session will provide you with the confidence that your payroll is being run compliantly and you’re getting value for your fees.
It will also enable you to consider the impact on company policies in respect to the introduction of the new statutory payment for bereaved parents, changes to the eligibility and reporting of the Employment Allowance, a new type of NI on termination payments and a total rethink on holiday pay and that's just to pick four topics that came into force in April 2020! We also mustn’t forget about the move to tax consultants and contractors through PAYE (known as IR35 or off-payrolling) even though we’ve got some breathing space on that until 2021.
Business as usual is also very different since the introduction of RTI. Do you understand the impact of dynamic coding on employees, and the interaction of their earnings' data with benefit payments like universal credit now so many more people are in receipt of the benefit due to COVID-19, and how they manage their earnings through their Personal Tax Account?
This live broadcast session is aimed at professional advisers as well as anyone who employs people in the private, public or voluntary sector. The live session presupposes some knowledge of payroll and HR obligations.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
Statutory changes for 20/21
- Tax - Wales breaks away, but not smoothly!
- National Insurance - Class 1A on termination payments
- Workers' rights - holiday pay changes from April 2020
- Statutory Parental Bereavement Pay from April 2020
- NMW - it's not just about low earners, most employers appear to be non-compliant according to HMRC
- Benefits - all change for company cars
- Dynamic coding, personal tax accounts and universal credit
- Deemed workers - paying contractors via RTI in the private sector, from April 2021 and what have we learned from the public sector roll out?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.