An Introductory Guide to the UK Regime for Alternative Investment Fund Managers
The UK's framework for the regulation of alternative investment fund managers (‘AIFMs’) has its foundations in the EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, which has applied since July 2013.
The regime deals with a wide range of topics including authorisation, organisational requirements, remuneration requirements, risk management, prudential requirements, valuation, delegation, the role of the depositary, reporting and disclosure requirements, the use of leverage, portfolio company disclosure and asset stripping rules, and fund marketing rules.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Background to the AIFMD
- The key sources of the UK's regime for AIFMs
- Key concepts: AIF, AIFM, managing an AIF, external and internal AIFMs, small AIFMs
- Prudential requirements
- Remuneration code and guidance
- Disclosure and reporting requirements
- Acquiring control of non-listed companies and issuers
- Marketing of AIFs
- Other funds regimes
- EU developments: cross-distribution of investment funds, review of AIFMD
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 14th July 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation