An Introductory Guide to Stillbirth Claims
This webinar will discuss what a stillbirth is, what is known about the causes, the impact of MBBRACE, HSIB and what is proposed to change, particularly in respect of inquests and will compare the law in relation to stillbirths and neonatal deaths.
This webinar will also consider the evidence that you are likely to need, the heads of loss and some recent case law.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What a stillbirth is
- What some of the causes of stillbirth are
- What rights do parents have and what support is available?
- The considerations you may need to make with managing expectations and empathising with the loss
- The relevance of inquests in this area of law and how it currently differs with neonatal deaths
- How the law is proposed to change in respect of inquests
- Using the route cause analysis report and the duty of candour
- The medical evidence that will be needed to bring a stillbirth claim
- What heads of loss are routinely claimed and are recoverable
- Some recent case law considering particularly quantum
- Brief comparison between a claim for a stillbirth and a neonatal death
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 19th March 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.