An Introduction to the Sports Law Landscape
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to sports law and an insight into the broad range of matters a sports lawyer will deal with in practice day to day.
This course will be suitable for lawyers, sports professionals and those new to the area and seeking a broad understanding of the key areas of sports law and practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What is sports law?
- The regulatory regime
- Sports governance/the autonomy of sport
- Betting, match fixing and corruption
Disputes in Sport
- Litigation v arbitration (advantages/disadvantages within the sports framework)
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Image rights
- Brands (intellectual property rights)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme