An Introduction to Zoom Fatigue - Causes, Symptoms & Solutions
Zoom fatigue is a unique kind of exhaustion that occurs when people participate in teleconferencing calls (Zoom, Google Meets, Microsoft Teams etc.) for an extended time period. In December 2019 Zoom was being used by 10 million people a day - by April 2020 with the advent of COVID-19 and remote working, this had grown to 300 million.
This webinar will look at the causes, the symptoms and suggest some possible solutions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is Zoom fatigue
- Exhaustion from Computer Mediated Communication (CMC)
- Psychological impact
- Neurophysiological evidence of impact of CMC
- What causes Zoom fatigue?
- Psychological perspective
- ‘When television watches you’
- Unnatural environment
- Cognitive overload
- Lack of essential non-verbal cues
- Neuro Psychological
- What are the main symptoms of Zoom fatigue?
- Concentration issues
- Asthenopia (screen fatigue)
- What can we do to alleviate symptoms of Zoom fatigue?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 29th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation