An Introduction to UK Payment Services Regulation
Exciting changes are taking place in the way we all make payments and the sorts of payment services banks and other providers can offer.
These changes were facilitated by the Payment Services Regulations 2017 which upgraded existing legislation and introduced new payment services for the digital age.
It is important to understand what the services are, and the key terminology used in the regulations in order to understand them. This webinar will explain these, providing you with a better understanding of the Regulations and payment services more generally.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- UK payment services background and framework
- What are the regulated payment services?
- What are excluded from payment services?
- What are ‘payment accounts’?
- Which regulators play what roles in regulating payment services?
- Payment institutions and credit institutions - what is the difference?
- Authorisation requirements for a payment institution
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 27th April 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.