An Introduction to UK Data Protection Compliance
The UK data protection regime is set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulations.
Sanctions for non-compliance with the UK GDPR can be potentially severe and therefore it is imperative that business owners, and their employees, understand the key principles of data protection legislation and how they can apply these principles operationally within their organisation.
This webinar aims to guide you through some of the key areas which all employees need to be aware of to ensure that legislative requirements are understood (and followed) to reduce the risk of data protection breaches and a potential ICO investigation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- General data protection principles & obligations
- What information needs to be protected?
- Appointment of a Data Protection Officer or equivalent
- Key roles within organisations
- How to recognise and manage Data Subject Access Requests
- Non-compliance with UK GDPR and potential sanctions
- Controlling data protection risks
This webinar was recorded on 23rd April 2021
at your organisation