An Introduction to Scottish Agricultural Law
This full day course is intended as an introduction to the law relating to agricultural property in Scotland.
It is aimed at those who are interested in practising in this area, or who are practising in a related field and require a basic understanding.
The course will cover the different types of agricultural occupation you may come across, and the main features of those, as well as different types of business structures and succession planning. It will also look at conveyancing relating to agricultural property.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Agricultural leases
- What type of lease is it? Distinguishing features of different type of agricultural lease
- 1991 Act Tenancy:
- Fixed equipment
- Waygoing claims
- Rent review
- Right to buy
- Rules applicable to the Limited Duration Tenancies
- Leases to limited partnership
- Role of Tenant Farming Commissioner & commentary on guidance produced
- Farming business structures
- Contract farming
- Share farming
- Succession planning
- Planning for family and business succession
- The basics of Agricultural Property Relief
- Conveyancing relating to agricultural property
- Basic Payment Scheme - what next?
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme