An Introduction to Resolving Disputes Involving Cryptoassets
Cryptoassets have always been targets for fraud and the subject of dispute between holders and other stakeholders.
Resolving disputes about them has been problematic, whether because of the uncertainty about their legal nature and proprietary status, or the difficulties in tracing defendants and determining the proper jurisdiction to bring and enforce claims against them.
This live broadcast session will provide a comprehensive introduction to the key issues.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Cryptoasset recovery through the courts:
- Loss through fraud and mistake
- Difficulties with parties and service
- Remedies and enforcement
- Smart contracts: flawed development and function; on-chain and off-chain interpersonal disputes:
- Self-help and the social contract
- Use of the courts
- Arbitration and expert determination; the New York Convention
- Dispute resolution using smart contracts (‘smart arbitration’)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.