An Introduction to Professional Negligence Claims in the Construction Industry
Architects and other construction professionals have seen an increased number of professional negligence claims against them, as well as increases to their PI insurance premiums ever since the Grenfell Tower fire.
This new virtual classroom seminar explains the law relating to professional negligence claims against architects and other construction professionals.
The session will explore how professional negligence claims work and how they can be defended.
It is suitable for junior construction lawyers, architects and other construction professionals.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What the claimant needs to prove to bring a successful claim
- The scope of the professional's duty
- The need to rely on expert evidence as the claimant
- The quantification of loss/damages
- When a third party can bring a claim and the use of a collateral warranty to bring a claim
- The use of exclusion clauses to exclude or limit liability
- Limitation and when a claim will become time-barred
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.