An Introduction to Peer to Peer Lending 101 - Crowdfunding Debt
This introductory level half day course navigates you through the legal and regulatory minefield around peer-to-peer lending platforms.
First, we explore the business models used and products offered by peer-to-peer platforms. Next, we take a close look at the FCA's new and existing rules and regulations for this sector. We finish with practical structuring advice.
If you want to set up a peer-to-peer lending platform, are an institutional investor looking to invest in or on a platform, or advise platforms on legal and regulatory issues, this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What peer-to-peer lending is, and how it differs to crowdfunding
- Common business models and products found in the peer-to-peer sector
- Article 36H of the Regulated Activities Order in detail
- Regulatory authorisation for platforms and what's involved
- The new rules in effect from December 2019 - the FCA's Policy Statement PS19/14
- The essentials of the financial promotions regime
- How to get started with platform terms and conditions
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme