An Introduction to Partnership & LLP Law
This webinar will cover the fundamental building blocks in partnership & LLP law, providing you with a firm base on which to develop your skills, along with an introduction to litigating and advising in these fields.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What exactly is a (traditional) partnership?
- What are the legal relationships and duties between partners?
- Partners and profits and losses
- What do partners own (partnership property and interests)?
- What is a Limited Liability Partnership (‘LLP’)?
- What does ‘converting to an LLP’ actually mean?
- What then are the main differences between a partnership, an LLP and an LP?
- What are the interests of members in an LLP?
- Can you be an employee and a partner or member?
- How do the relationships work between members and the LLP and between members themselves?
- How safe is an LLP?
- How do partnerships and LLPs come to an end?
- Some trips and traps of partnership and LLP litigation
This webinar was recorded on 31st October 2018