An Introduction to Neighbourhood & Boundary Disputes in Scotland
Neighbourhood and boundary disputes can affect individuals, small business and large companies and can range in value from ‘the principle’ to million-pound disputes.
It is common for these disputes to continue for a long time without resolution.
This new course is aimed at those with little or no previous knowledge of these matters and will look in detail at some of the different types of disputes, what remedies are open to your client and how best to achieve a positive outcome.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What types of cases can be classed as neighbourhood and boundary disputes?
- Who do these disputes actually affect?
- What information do you need from the client to advise on the dispute?
- How do you deal with a neighbourhood and boundary dispute?
- Prescription and servitudes
- Interdict v ad factum praestandum
- Tenement (Scotland) Act 2004
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme