An Introduction to Law Firm Compliance - Live at Your Desk
In a law firm, compliance covers many topics and is ever-changing. It can be time consuming and confusing to keep up to date with every topic.
This virtual classroom seminar will cover the key areas providing a refresher of the basics and a look ahead to future developments.
This session is designed for lawyers looking to gain a sound understanding of the compliance topics and also for anyone wishing to bring themselves up to speed with current developments. The session will look at some real-life cases and scenarios throughout the day.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Out with the old SRA Handbook and in with the new SRA Standards and Regulations:
- Changing from the SRA Handbook to the SRA Standards and Regulations
- The principles
- SRA Codes of Conduct - one for solicitors and one for the firm
- COLP and COFA update
- Financial update including:
- The new SRA Accounts Rules from the SRA Standards and Regulations
- Things to consider for the new rules
- Anti-Money Laundering including:
- The SRA thematic reviews
- What is money laundering
- Key legislation including:
- The Terrorism Act 2000
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Bribery Act 2010
- Criminal Finance Act 2017
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 including the changes from the 5th Money Laundering Directive (5MLD)
- Who are the NCA
- The role of the MLRO and their reporting duties
- 6MLD - the future
- GDPR/Data Protection including:
- An overview of GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- The principles including accountability
- Do we need a DPO?
- Where most of your data breaches occur
- Recording and reporting of breaches
- The costs of getting it wrong
- A round up of updates in other key areas in compliance
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.