An Introduction to Investment Funds - UCITS & More
This brand new half day course will provide an introduction to the various types of UK authorised funds, including details of UCITS fund product requirements.
It will also discuss the impact of the EU's Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (’AIFMD’).
The course is aimed at those starting out a career within an asset management firm, those structuring investments for investment funds and those who are prospective investors in investment funds - such as pension schemes or other institutional investors. It is relevant to both private practice and in-house lawyers in these areas.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Introduction to investment funds
- Key features
- Variety of structures
- Open v closed ended
- Active v passive
- UK authorised investment funds
- Structures: unit trust, ICVC or authorised contractual scheme
- Categories: UCITS, NURS or QIS
- FCA COLL and FUND Sourcebooks
- Focus on regulation of alternative investment fund managers
- Impact of the Directive on all manner of non-UCITS funds
- Examples of some tricky issues: such as valuation, depository obligations and cross-border marketing
- Hot topics
- UK FCA’s Asset Management Market Study outcomes
- Brexit consequences
- New opportunities: e.g. for Patient Capital and long term funds
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme