An Introduction to Investment Funds - UCITS & More
This half day course will provide an introduction to the various types of UK authorised funds, including details of UCITS fund product requirements. It will also discuss the impact of the EU's Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive ('AIFMD').
The course is aimed at those starting out a career within an asset management firm, those structuring investments for investment funds and those who are prospective investors in investment funds - such as pension schemes or other institutional investors. It is relevant to both private practice and in-house lawyers in these areas.
It will highlight new trends in regulation. This should make it of interest to those who may have a grounding in parts of the subject but may wish to learn more about the context, and hear about current hot topics.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Introduction to investment funds
- Key features
- Variety of structures
- Open v closed ended
- Active v passive
- UK authorised investment funds
- Structures: unit trust, ICVC or authorised contractual scheme
- Categories: UCITS, NURS or QIS
- FCA COLL and FUND Sourcebooks
- Focus on regulation of alternative investment fund managers
- Impact of the Directive on all manner of non-UCITS funds
- Examples of some tricky issues: such as valuation, depository obligations and cross-border marketing
- Hot topics
- UK FCA's Asset Management Market Study implementation: including:
- Value for money assessments
- Roles of INEDs
- Revised investment objectives and benchmarking work
- Resilience of open ended funds
- Liquidity management and the impact of Woodford issues
- Stress testing
- New opportunities: e.g. for Patient Capital and long term funds?
- Brexit consequences, including:
- Immediate issues on any withdrawal and in any transitional period
- The potential framework post Brexit and obstacles to cross border operations
- Will the UK retain its spot as the second largest asset management hub?
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme