An Introduction to Internet Law - In One Hour
The internet has long been part and parcel of day-to-day life. It permeates our work and leisure time, performing a myriad of functions and affecting us in many ways.
This webinar will address key areas of law relating to the internet, from the basic principles of contract formation as they apply to the more complex online world, to the detailed e-commerce regulations and upcoming EU copyright legislation.
It will also touch on recent decisions by the EU Commission in relation to competition law and how the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) is impacting website operators and global ‘internet giants’.
The webinar is aimed at commercial lawyers and those wishing to develop a greater awareness of the above issues.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Contract formation online
- Website information requirements
- E-commerce and consumer contracts regulations
- Data protection and email marketing
- Competition law (including anti-competitive distribution agreements)
- Intellectual property rights (including linking and the proposed EU Copyright Directive)