An Introduction to Immigration & Nationality Law - In One Day
Immigration law is a complex, constantly moving field of law covering a vast array of overlapping topics. As such, it is impossible to advise clients fully without having at least some understanding of the complete range of options.
This new full day course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of immigration and nationality law. It starts with an introduction to common concepts and terminology, and moves onto explore the full range of topics that delegates are likely to encounter in practice.
The course is ideal for those starting out in this field or those seeking a refresher. Delegates with experience in particular areas of immigration may also benefit from the course, with the wide range of topics providing a fresh perspective on alternative routes.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- General introduction to sources of law and common terminology
- Immigration Act 1971
- Immigration Rules
- British Nationality Act 1981
- Nationality law - Who is British and routes for obtaining citizenship
- Visitor visas
- Asylum claims and humanitarian protection
- EEA nationals - EEA Regulations 2016 and the Settlement Scheme
- Long residence/private life
- Family routes - Appendix FM and children
- Tier 2 - Sponsorship and workers
- Tier 1 - Investors, Exceptional Talent and Innovators
- Tier 4 Students
- Appeals, judicial reviews and administrative reviews
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme