An Introduction to Fintech - Live At Your Desk
This new virtual classroom seminar will update professional service providers on the rapidly evolving and complex world of fintech.
- What is fintech?
- Fintech success stories
- Fintechs that have ended in tears (and why)
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- An introduction to fintech - ‘We need banking; we don’t need banks anymore’ (Bill Gates 1997)
- UK examples of fintech
- Jargon busting ABC session - algorithms, block-chain, challenger banks
- Fintech in banking
- Fintech in other financial services sectors
- How are the banks responding?
- Fintech needs
- Venture capital and loan funding
- Legal services
- Accounting services
- ‘Fintech will mostly end in tears’ (Chris Flowers 2016)
- Future prospects
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.