An Introduction to Customs Duties
This one day in-person seminar is aimed at those who wish to understand the application of the legal provisions relating to the specialist customs procedures available to businesses.
It will cover the methods of determining valuation, tariff classification and preference of goods. The subject matter will also cover binding origin and binding tariff information rulings. Various elements of customs planning such the reliefs and regimes available such as inward and outward processing relief and end use will also be explored.
A must for lawyers, accountants, tax advisers and shipping and freight agents dealing with clients involved in international trade.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
Valuation and Classification of Imported Goods
- Introduction to Customs and Excise Law
- Types of Duties
- Classification of Customs Goods
- Valuation of Customs Goods
- Appealing Customs Decisions
Customs Planning and Reliefs
- Inward and Outward Processing Relief (IPR) & (OPR)
- Custom Approved Warehouse
- Import Licensing
- Returned Goods Relief (RGR)
- End Use
- Temporary Admission (Temporary Importation Relief)
- Capital Goods and Personal Belongings Reliefs
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme