An Introduction to Business Immigration
This introductory course is designed for Employment and Immigration lawyers, in-house lawyers, general counsel and HR directors who wish to develop their practice in this area. It will cover:
- Sponsor licensing for employers, with a detailed discussion of sponsor duties and the latest changes to the sponsor guidance
- EU law and business immigration, the Government’s settlement scheme, the new Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules, and how employers can prepare
- What are the issues arising out of illegal working and employer's liability (including civil penalties)?
- A review of the latest changes to the Immigration Rules. Are you up to date?
- Future changes and a discussion of the recommendations in the recently published MAC report
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following topics:
- UKVI's guidance for employer sponsor licences
- The resident labour market test
- Sponsor compliance and Home Office action taken against sponsors
- The categories under Tiers 1, 2 and 5 of the Points Based System
- The rules for PBS dependants
- Other routes for workers, including representatives of an overseas company
- The rules for business visitors
- EU law rights in business immigration
- Preparations for Brexit and the new Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules
- The right to work, illegal working and employer's liability
- Future trends and changes and the future shape of the UK’s immigration routes for business, investment, study and work study
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme