An Introduction to Base Erosion & Profit Shifting in Cross Border Tax
This modular webinar series split into 6 bite sized parts aims to provide an introduction to the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting project undertaken by the OECD and G20, which has already resulted in some of the most substantial changes to the international tax landscape in a century, with more to come.
It will explain the genesis of the project, the main results of the initial BEPS project in 2016 and will also consider the likely impact of the ongoing discussions regarding the tax challenges from the digitalisation of the economy (the ‘Pillar 1’ and ‘Pillar 2’ project).
What You Will Learn
This modular webinar series will cover the following:
Module 1 - BEPS - What is it all about?
- Introduction to the international tax system
- Why did the OECD start the BEPS project
- What has happened so far - and what is still to come.
- The BEPS actions
Module 2 - The BEPS actions - Cohesion
- Hybrid mismatch rules (Action 2)
- Treaty abuse and permanent establishment avoidance (Actions 6 and 7)
Module 3 - The BEPS actions - Substance
- Interest deductibility (Action 4)
- Transfer pricing (Actions 8-10)
Module 4 - The BEPS actions - Substance and Transparency
- Harmful tax practices (Action 5)
- CFC rules (Action 3)
- Disclosure rules (Article 12)
- Country-by-country reporting (Article 13)
Module 5 - The Multilateral Instrument (Article 15)
- What it does, and how it works.
Module 6 - The Future
- OECD work on the digitalisation of the economy (Action 1)
- The ‘BEPS 2.0’ process - Pillars 1 and 2
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 24th March 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation