An Introduction to Asset Management & SMEs
This live broadcast will look at asset management from the perspective of one of the sector’s key clients - SMEs.
SMEs are commonly net savers rather than borrowers. Typically, they have about a quarter of their savings with asset managers rather than in bank accounts.
The session is aimed at advisors of SMEs and those new to asset wealth/management.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Investing in Funds - Pros
- Returns v cash
- Risk reduction
- Fund supermarkets
- Investing in Funds - Cons
- Absence of FSCS protection
- Liquidity risk (Woodford case)
- Market crashes
- Funds for SMEs
- Money market funds
- Asset allocation
- Funds for SME Owners
- Active or passive funds?
- The rise of Exchange Traded Funds - ETFs
- Equity and bond allocations
- Robo funds
- Fund wrappers (pensions, ISAs, SIPPS)
- Specialist funds - VCT, EIS, alternative investment funds
- Choosing a fund
- Warning signs
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.