An Advanced Guide to Payroll Processing - Live with Kate Upcraft
With the continuing imposition of more and more legislative demands on employers, the risk of non-compliance becomes greater and in turn the various penalty regimes and cost of professional indemnity insurance become a greater concern for employers and their payroll agents.
For accountancy practices offering a payroll service their fee structure and profitability is directly impacted by managing this compliance risk for clients and running an efficient payroll service. Since the introduction of RTI, more and more government policies utilise this link and the compliance transparency this provides.
- Nowhere will you find a package of ‘payroll law’, but it’s vital to ensuring your policies are compliant, and if you have employees in different parts of the United Kingdom are you aware of all differences that devolution has brought?
- Do you know what HMRC's latest stance is on employment status? From April 2021 most of the private sector will have to assess which of these individuals have to have tax and NI deducted from their invoices via payroll even though they aren't employees
- Do you understand the complex relationship between state and workplace pensions, tax relief and pension flexibility? Could you explain this to an employee or to your HR and reward teams?
- What are HMRC finding in terms of national minimum wage non-compliance, the interpretation of the regulations is mind blowing!
- Have you reviewed your benefits offering in light of the optional remuneration tax changes in April 2017 and the final transition that ends on 5 April 2021? Did you even know this was the new name for salary sacrifice and were you compliant even before April 2017?
This two-part live broadcast session is aimed at payroll managers/supervisors, practice managers who oversee payroll or compliance, payroll bureau managers/supervisors, partners who oversee a payroll operation or who audit clients' payroll operations.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The various strands of the law that apply to payroll processing and the legislative process in general
- How to determine the employment status given the need for some limited company contractors to have tax/NI deducted through payroll, since April 2017 in the public sector, with the extension to the private sector in 2021
- Understand the interaction of tax, NI and pension schemes including pension protection
- Understand the compliance issues for HR and Finance teams when using optional remuneration arrangements (salary sacrifice) as a reward strategy
- The tips, traps and tangles of National Minimum Wage
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
1:30pm - 4:30pm
1:30pm - 4:30pm