Agricultural Property Relief & Business Property Relief - How to Protect Your Clients
Most practitioners will have business clients operating as a sole trader or in partnership or through the medium of a limited company. More often than not, these business interests will qualify for 100% business property relief, but will they?
Will your client's farmhouse pass the 'functionality test'? Is it of a character appropriate to the land?
Tax planning in the will, using the business or farm, is dependent on the assets qualifying for relief at the date of death. Is there anything you can do in advance to improve the chances of qualifying for the relief?
How will retirement or ill health affect the situation?
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The conditions which must be satisfied before APR or BPR can be claimed
- Trading businesses v investment businesses and BPR
- Landlords and BPR
- Caravan sites and holiday homes and BPR
- APR on farmhouses
- The relationship between APR and BPR
- Do grazing licences affect APR?
- Trusts and BPR
- Tax planning opportunities
- Lifetime gifts of assets qualifying for BPR
- Will drafting issues concerning APR and BPR
- Any changes proposed by the government
Find out why MBL gets feedback for John such as "Excellent speaker, very helpful with candidates' questions".
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.