Agricultural Occupation - Statutory Regimes & Rural Issues Explained
The course will look at different types of occupation of agricultural land and buildings ranging from grazing licences, tenancies governed by the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 and Farm Business Tenancies.
Delegates will gain an understanding of the different statutory regimes relevant to agricultural occupation as well as a practical awareness of rural issues affecting the tenanted sector.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Identifying different types of occupation of agricultural land and buildings and the statutory regime which relates to each applying the principles to practical examples and case studies
- Gaining a basic understanding of the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986:
- Looking at the statutory terms incorporated into such tenancies
- Examining security of tenure and the grounds for possession
- Considering the continued relevance of succession under the Act and the grounds for application
- Identifying important dates and the basic conditions of an FBT
- Considering contractual terms and diversification, including break options and rent review
- Considering who claims the Basic Payment Scheme and how the arrangement should be documented
- Liability for greening and cross compliance
- Dual use arrangements
- Proposed changes to the agricultural tenancy regime currently under DEFRA consultation
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme