Agricultural Assets & Property Disputes - An Introduction to Rural Arbitrations
This webinar will provide an introduction to rural arbitration.
It will include a brief summary of the procedures involved, the law covering rural arbitrations, the duties and powers of the arbitrator plus the obligations of the parties.
It will also consider the latest guidance implemented by the Agricultural Act 2020.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The statutory framework - the relevant law
- The nature of arbitration and how it differs from other forms of dispute resolution
- How to apply and appoint the arbitrator
- What is expected of the parties when an arbitrator is appointed?
- The duties and obligations of the parties and the arbitrator
- Case management and interlocutory matters including preliminary meetings, jurisdiction, directions and peremptory orders
- Preparing for and attending the hearing
- Acting as advocate, expert evidence, hearing protocols and procedures
- Costs - arbitrator’s discretion, costs awards, offers to settle
- Post award matters - challenging an award, mistakes and errors
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 18th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation