Age Related Issues in the Workplace - A Practical Approach
According to data from the Office for National Statistics, the number of older people in the workplace is expected to increase significantly over the next 20 years.
Age is one of the protected characteristics in the Equality Act 2010.
It is unlawful to treat someone less favourably due to their age and there is also a need to take care to avoid putting in place a provision, criterion or practice which is difficult for a group of a particular age to comply with.
This webinar will take a comprehensive look at age-related issues in the workplace, focusing primarily on discrimination and is perfect for those who advise employers/employees on this matter.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Summary of the different forms of age discrimination in the Equality Act 2010
- Legitimate Aims: Direct Discrimination
- What might be a 'legitimate aim'?
- Is a legitimate aim a 'proportionate means'?
- Employer justified retirement age
- Case law relating to retirement
- Length of Service
- The link to age
- Service-related benefits
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Case law relating to age discrimination in recruitment
- Age related harassment
- Addressing age in the workplace
- Health and Safety
- Duty to provide a safe place of work
- Duty to provide a safe system of work
- Age related health and safety issues
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 7th June 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation