Age Discrimination in the Workplace - A Guide
Age is one of the protected characteristics in the Equality Act 2010.
It is unlawful to treat someone less favourably due to their age and there is also a need to take care to avoid putting in place a provision, criterion or practice which is difficult for a group of a particular age to comply with.
This webinar will take a comprehensive look at age-related issues in the workplace, focusing primarily on discrimination.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Summary of the different forms of age discrimination in the Equality Act 2010
- Legitimate Aims: Direct Discrimination
- What might be a 'legitimate aim'?
- Is a legitimate aim a 'proportionate means'?
- Employer justified retirement age
- Case law relating to retirement
- Length of Service
- The link to age
- Service-related benefits
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Case law relating to age discrimination in recruitment
- Health and Safety
- Duty to provide a safe place of work
- Duty to provide a safe system of work
- Age related health and safety issues