Affordable Housing & Planning - The Latest Guidance & Policy Update
This webinar will provide an update on the latest guidance for affordable housing in the planning system.
It will begin by looking at what constitutes affordable housing and will then look at the policy context for the provision of affordable housing including some tank traps for local authorities along the way.
It will conclude by looking at some everyday practical issues that arise in everyday practice and will also consider the Government’s recently announced requirement for ‘First Homes’.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Types of affordable housing in terms of guidance in the NPPF and how each type affects value
- Housing need and how what is being sought relates to the council's policy requirements and housing need survey
- Issues of viability and deliverability
- Mortgagee in possession provisions
- What are the implications of the recently announced requirement for ‘First Homes’
This webinar was recorded on 14th February 2022
at your organisation