Advising the ‘Silver Separators’ - A Guide to Divorce for Older Clients
As the marriage rate falls and the majority of 'millennials' choose to cohabit, the over 60's top the divorce charts. There are several reasons for this growing trend. Silver Separators face different challenges to those who divorce at a younger age.
By attending this course you will learn to identify key skills and the need to work closely with other professionals where financial advice is essential. This course is intended to be interactive and to develop skills you already have to a high level enabling you to deal effectively with this growing niche market.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- How to protect yourself from a potential negligence claim when dealing with pensions
- How to deal with the emotional fall out after a long marriage
- How to deal with the complicated extended family
- How to unravel inherited wealth
- Income issues post-retirement age
- The uncertainty of the future
- The impact of the new partner (who may be considerably younger)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme