Advising on the Sale & Purchase of Property Subject to Lease(s) - Live with Peta Dollar
Investors in property are focused on the rental stream, how secure it is and its potential for growth. This leads to the concept of the institutionally acceptable lease.
This virtual classroom seminar is aimed at all property practitioners with a good basic knowledge of property law whose clients deal in investment property and who want to add value.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Buying an income stream, FRI, and the institutionally acceptable lease
- The concept of yields
- Lease issues from the point of view of the investor client, including AGAs, rent review provisions, tenant break options, alterations, user, guarantees, repair, insurance, service charges, forfeiture, 54 Act renewals
- Issues on contract, including payments in arrear, managing the period between exchange and completion and during the registration gap, landlord's consent where the seller is itself a tenant
- VAT (TOGCs)
- Issues with leases that have been forfeited
- Employment issues (TUPE)
- Issues when buying or selling at auction
- MEES (minimum energy efficiency standards)
- Rights of residential tenants in residential or mixed-use buildings, including rights of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 (as amended)
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.