Advising Teachers - A Guide to Employment Issues in Education
Advising educational establishments on their rights and responsibilities as an Employer is an increasingly complex and specialist area; particularly with the drive towards academisation, multi-academy trusts and the ever increasing legislative burden of safeguarding and governance.
This course will adopt a practical approach to advising on employment issues for schools, academies and FE colleges, based on the speaker’s extensive experience of advising in this area.
Aimed at all those advising clients in this sector, the session will focus on key issues unique to the sector that all those advising education clients ought to be aware of in order to provide comprehensive solutions to their clients.What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Who is the Employer?
- An examination of the different types of educational institutions and the intricacies unique to each
- Disciplinary and misconduct issues - including safeguarding issues and the role of the barring authorities
- Performance management including sickness absence; performance related pay and the statutory appraisal framework
- TUPE in the education sector
- Trade Union relations
- Pensions - an examination of key areas practitioners should be aware of in dealing with the Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers’ Pension Scheme, with particular reference to restructuring
2:00pm - 5:15pm
2:00pm - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme