Advising Doctors Facing Disciplinary Proceedings - Practical & Tactical Tips
This live and interactive virtual classroom session will provide you with a summary of the key issues relating to doctors’ disciplinary proceedings.
There will be practical and tactical tips for those who advise doctors who are, or may be, facing fitness to practise proceedings before the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Introduction: key issues - doctors' mental health/race issues
- Pre-registration disciplinary proceedings
- Student fitness to practise concerns
- BAME and student doctors
- Trust level disciplinary proceedings
- Trust level internal disciplinary proceedings
- BAME and NHS
- Procedural fairness at internal disciplinary proceedings
- Regulator level disciplinary proceedings
- Referrals to the General Medical Council (GMC)
- BAME and GMC
- Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service Hearings
- Closing session - a pathway through proceedings and practical tips and evaluation
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.