Adoption Process & Procedure - Live at Your Desk
This virtual classroom seminar will cover the law around adoption; from care planning to placement and beyond.
It will cover questions around how to progress plans of adoption and how to resist them. It will include the different ways children come to be placed for adoption and what support is available to those who do adopt, and the Regulations surrounding these. The impact of recent case law will be explored alongside a review of well-known cases. If you want to learn more about the adoption process and procedure or update yourself as to the current law, this live session is for you.
This live session is aimed at child protection solicitors, whether in private practice or local government. Alternatively, if you are a social worker new to adoption or wanting to gain a more rounded knowledge of the legal aspects, this live session will be of benefit.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Adoption as ‘the last resort’ analysis within the final care plan
- Differences between the 2 ‘welfare checklists’
- Adoption Panel and ADM, different roles and processes
- Relinquishing children for adoption
- Placement Orders - applications/revocations
- Contact within the adoption process
- Different ways of applying for adoption ie a step-parent/Local Authority foster carer/relative/prospective adopters
- Adoption support
- The changes to the adoption process following the Children & Families Act 2014
- The raft of case law, revisiting Re B and Re BS as well as recent cases A, B, and C (Adoption, Notification of Fathers and Relatives) ; L (Adoption : identification of Possible father) 
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
1:00pm - 4:00pm
1:00pm - 4:00pm