Adjudication - A Practical & Tactical Guide to Avoiding Expensive Mistakes
This live broadcast session will provide you with practical - and tactical - perspectives on handling adjudications under the Construction Act and the Scheme for Construction Contracts. In particular, it will focus on the issues and opportunities which arise from the structure of adjudication procedure.
There will also be a case study under the Construction Act which will involve consideration of the issues covered.
This introductory session is designed for construction litigators and project managers who wish to develop a specialism in this growing area, plus other property professionals including architects and civil engineers.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following topics:
- The jurisdiction and scheme of arbitration
- Contractual adjudication clauses
- Oral construction contracts
- The mechanics of the adjudication process
- The Notice of Adjudication
- Appointing the Adjudicator
- The Referral Notice and Response
- Preparing for adjudication: timetable, submissions, documents
- Tactical issues at each stage of the adjudication process, focusing on traps for the unwary
- The adjudicator's powers and duties
- Delivery of the Decision
- Costs awards
- Enforcement of the Adjudicators' decisions
- The role of the Courts
- Dealing with appeals and the slip rule
- Case Study
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.