Acting for Holiday Home Buyers - The Key Issues for Conveyancers
This webinar is designed for conveyancers who act on behalf of purchasers of holiday homes which are acquired as an intended second home, for holiday lettings, or both.
It will provide an essential guide to the key pitfalls associated with buying such properties.
A major focus will be on the extent of the conveyancer’s retainer with the client, especially in matters pertaining to housing law, landlord and tenant law or taxation issues.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How far do you advise the buyer about:
- Terms of holiday letting agreements
- Is a holiday let an assured tenancy?
- The parking arrangements and access rights
- Taxation matters: SDLT (including the 15% rate), CGT and/or income tax
- Planning matters, temporal conditions restricting occupation, enforcement notice, change of use
- The pitfalls of buying flats, especially for AirBnb sub-lettings
- Holiday let mortgage or holiday home mortgage?
- Key differences between holiday home purchases and buy to let purchases
- The Arnold v Britton service charge trap
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Wednesday 13th October 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation