Acting as a Property & Financial Affairs Deputy - Getting It Right
The breadth and depth of knowledge expected from a professional deputy is vast.
It is easy to get unstuck and be criticised by the OPG. Balancing working within the perimeters of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, being involved in every day decision making, maximising state support and ensuring care packages work can take its toll on your profitability.
This new course is aimed at the professional deputy and their support staff.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Duties and responsibilities of a deputy
- Supervision of the OPG and complying with the professional standards
- Financial management, including investments, joint accounts and P managing money
- Arrangements for P's care, including choice of care homes and employing personal assistants
- Making gifts
- Statutory wills
- Changing and ending a deputyship
- Calling in of the security bond, where previous deputy removed
- Making the most of state support, including DWP, NHS and local authority support
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme