Accounting for Trusts & Estates - Beyond the Basics
This new virtual classroom seminar will provide you with further understanding of both why trustees and personal representatives should keep accounts and the finer details of trust and estate accounting.
You will learn the practicalities of maintaining the trust and estate accounts, how to ensure the truly important information is included, the meaning of sub funds and whether an election should be made for these and further information on how to account for property income and trades in death estates.
In full accordance with the STEP guidelines for trusts and estates, the session will add some in-depth knowledge to your trust and estate accounting.
Whether you are an accountant who wishes to advance their knowledge or tax practitioner who has a good grasp of the basics; if you require a more comprehensive understanding of this area, this advanced level session is for you.
The session will boost your understanding through worked examples and case studies to hone your skills in this important field.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- How to practically effectively maintain trust and estate records and when is it ok to use a simple receipts and payments system
- Important information to ensure is included in trust and estate accounts
- Sub funds and sub fund elections
- Auditing of trusts and estates
- An analysis of expenses in trust and estate accounts
- Dealing with property income in the estate accounts
- Dealing with a trade or partnership in the estate accounts
- The idiosyncrasies of foreign estates
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.