Academy Trust Accounts & Audit - Annual Update 2020
As the academy trust sector evolves, the relevant financial and accounting regulations continue to change and new problem areas continue to emerge.
This annual update webinar will appraise you of all that is new in the area of academies accounting and audit and provide a practical insight into what you need to do to ensure that you and your clients comply.
This webinar is suitable for partners, managers and staff in professional practice firms with prior experience of Academy Trusts and also accounting officers and business managers working in Academy Trusts.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The key changes brought in by the 2019-20 Accounting Direction and Academies Financial Handbook and how these shape the preparation of FRS 102-compliant accounts by all academy trusts
- Regulator feedback on important governance problems affecting academy trusts and how to advise clients so that these are appropriately addressed
- The common problem areas encountered by auditors when carrying out and documenting true and fair' and regularity audits and how to put these right
- The impact of the FRS 102 'triennial review' on academy trust accounts
- The 2019-20 Academies Accounting Direction and Financial Handbook - key changes and their impact
- Practical problems faced by academy trust auditors - and how to get them right
- The implications of recent regulatory cases for academy trustees, auditors and reporting accountants
- ESFA feedback for academy trust and their auditors - examples of good and poor practice
- Academy trust accounts 'hot topics' - what they are and how to address them
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 5th May 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.