AML & Client Due Diligence - A Handbook for Law Firm Support Staff
This webinar is aimed at the support teams within a law firm, who frequently have the task of performing CDD on clients.
What is CDD exactly and what do the regulators expect of law firms in the performance of this key duty, especially since the requirements have been refined by the AML Amendment Regulations 2019 and 2020, and the revised LSAG Guidance Note of January 2021?
The purpose of the webinar is to give delegates a solid foundation of knowledge in this area and help you understand how the CDD process can be used to protect your organisation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is money laundering?
- Analysis of CDD requirements for private companies, LLPs, partnerships, charities, trusts and foundations
- Beneficial ownership and understanding complex corporate structures, including nominee arrangements and bearer shares
- Extra steps now required for companies
- The availability and use of electronic searches
- Simplified & enhanced due diligence
- Politically exposed persons - what are they and what do we do if we spot one?
- Sanctions list checks
- Ongoing monitoring
This webinar was recorded on 1st March 2021
at your organisation