AML Update - Essential Viewing for Fee Earners
This webinar summarises the current state of play with regard to the key duties imposed on law firms by the legislation and the 2017 and 2019 AML Regulations and what the regulators are expecting firms to have in place.
The purpose of the webinar is to give delegates a solid foundation of knowledge in this area and help you understand how the various processes can be used to protect your organisation.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is money laundering - a refresher
- Identity fraud & other financial crimes - terrorism, sanctions and Accounts Rules dodges
- The key legislation - Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 Part 7
- Analysis of the key requirements of the ML Regulations 2017
- Analysis of the key refinements in the ML (Amendment) Regulations 2019
- Risk Assessments - Treasury, regulators and firms
- Extra steps now required for companies
- Understanding what is meant by the risk-based approach
- Availability and use of electronic searches
- Simplified & Enhanced due diligence - what exactly is required?
- Politically exposed persons - what do I do if I find one?
- Reliance on CDD checks carried out by third parties
- Training & Record-keeping requirements
- The key to it all - Ongoing monitoring
This webinar was recorded on 15th July 2020
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering