AML - How to Develop a ‘Culture of Compliance’ for Law Firms
The Financial Action Task Force’s Guidance for Legal Professionals, developed in part by UK Legal Services Regulators, advocates firms developing a ‘Culture of Compliance’ to evidence their co-operation with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, and general regulatory requirements.
Picking apart the term ‘organisational culture’, this virtual classroom seminar examines the practical steps you can take to embed the required AML policies and procedures within your firm. We will also consider the management theory and practice of culture change. Drawing on real life examples from other industries, management consultancies, and large businesses from around the world, this course considers the challenges faced by businesses when seeking to develop and drive organisational culture in a particular direction.
The course is aimed at board level individuals with a responsibility for money laundering; Money Laundering Reporting Officers, and their Compliance Officer counterparts. The course aims to assist these individuals in evidencing compliance with their responsibilities in anti-money laundering leadership; demonstrating how they are managing practice wide support for anti-money laundering; and driving how policies, controls and procedures go beyond a dusty, barely referenced office manual and into real world application.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast session will cover the following:
- The current guidance published by the FATF and the advocacy of ‘cultures of compliance’
- The relevant sections of the Money Laundering Regulations, and sections of the Legal Sector Affinity Group guidance, covering the senior leadership responsibilities for compliance, and required policies controls and procedures
- Driving compliance through real world application including:
- The meaning of organisational culture, and how to assess it in your firm
- Organisational culture and social dignity
- Culture change theory and real life published examples from major management consultancies and large international organisations
- What we can learn in the quest to embed AML compliance in our firms
- How to drive a culture of AML compliance in your firm, with ideas, examples, and solutions
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.