AGMs & Board Meetings - COVID-19 & Beyond
Four out of five FTSE 350 companies held their AGMs behind closed doors in the months following the first UK lockdown in March 2020. The coronavirus pandemic has highlighted the current issues and inflexibilities of the law governing general meetings.
This session will look at the current legal requirements, guidance available, emerging trends and will look to the future.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- A short recap on the legal requirements under CA 2006 for an AGM
- Chartered Governance Institute guidance issued during the 2020 AGM season (together with additional Q and A published)
- Listed company trends during the 2020 AGM season (reflecting the guidance issued)
- Temporary legislation (and BEIS Q and A)
- Virtual AGMS (including pros/cons, investor views and practical issues to consider)
- Information from a world leading provider of virtual AGMs
- Hybrid AGMs
- GC100 consultation paper - Shareholder meetings - time for change (February 2021)
- Share Action Group view of the future of the AGM (February 2021)
- Any other current developments
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.