A Practical Guide to Anti-Money Laundering & Bribery
This practical one-day course is suitable for MLROs, their deputies, compliance officers and their teams and will cover all you need to know on the UK's AML and Bribery laws and practice.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- What is money laundering and where did it all begin?
- Who launders money?
- Key legislation including the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Terrorism Act 2000, the Fraud Act 2006 and the Criminal Finance Act 2017
- Regulator guidance
- Money Laundering Regulations 2017 (amended):
- Risk assessment requirements
- Policies, controls and procedures
- The changes to client due diligence (CDD)
- The extended definition on a PEP
- Beneficial owners
- Record keeping
- An update on the PSC Register
- The appointment of the MLRO and their duties
- Reporting of suspicions to the NCA and regulatory bodies
- The effect of MLR17 and Data Protection
- Penalties for getting it wrong
- The future
- What is a bribe?
- Key legislation - The Bribery Act 2010
- Hospitality, gifts and entertainment
- Bribes v gifts
- What is a facilitation payment?
- Should you make charitable donations?
- The role of the Bribery Officer and their duties
- Policies, registers and controls which need to be in place
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Money Laundering
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme